Dr. Lauren Hitchens was born and raised in Milford, DE where she currently lives with her husband, Steven, and her son and daughter, Harbor and Haven. As a family, they love the water, WVU sports and their two dogs, Finley and Cedar. Dr. Hitchens received her undergraduate degree at West Virginia University and her Doctorate at Palmer College of Chiropractic in Florida. She is also a graduate of Whiplash and Brain Injury Traumatology through the Spine Research Institute of San Diego and is a member of the Delaware Chiropractic Society. As an athlete in school, Dr. Hitchens quickly grew to understand the importance of prevention and correction of the musculoskeletal system which led her to become a Doctor of Chiropractic. This experience as an athlete as well as her experience as a mother have inspired her to take a special interest in treating athletes, pregnant women, and children. Her passion for helping others return to a pain-free life has shown brightly through her work at ACA over the past several years. She has helped many patients, from 5 days old to 99 years old, with neck pain, low back pain, and headaches attain and maintain a pain-free life. She feels privileged to have helped so many experience the numerous benefits associated with chiropractic care.
West Virginia University: Morgantown, WV. (2006)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (B.S.)
Palmer College of Chiropractic: Port Orange, FL. (2011)
- Doctorate of Chiropractic (D.C)
Spine Research Institute of San Diego: Atlanta, GA (2012)
- Certified in Whiplash & Brain Injury Traumatology
- As a graduate of this program, Dr. Hitchens became familiar with the epidemiology of whiplash and brain injuries,the mechanical factors of motor vehicle crashes, and the wide range of physical injuries and clinical conditions that can occur. She learned how to conduct comprehensive physical examinations and all about the latest applications of cutting edge imaging technologies. Dr. Hitchens learned how to provide patients with the most effective and comprehensive treatment and rehabilitation strategies to ensure optimal outcome potential.
- Delaware Chiropractic Society
- American Chiropractic Association
- Board Member & Marketing Co-Chair of The Next Generation South
- A philanthropic organization that raises grant money for mental health services for children.